We take our customers privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below.
Our Privacy Statement fully complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and represents the industry’s best practice.
Personal Information Collected
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website or WiFi services;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events, or by using devices within our stores; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment. We may also collect information about you from your nominated referees, where you have authorised us to do so.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfillment managers;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Powermove Distribution Pty Ltd and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at Powermove Distribution Pty Ltd
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Access to your Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
You can request access to personal information that we hold about you. Before giving you access to your records, Powermove Distribution Pty Ltd will require you to establish your identity. If you wish to request access to your personal information, please contact us at the email address below.
Also, you can request that we correct your personal information. Please contact us whenever there is a change to your personal information or as soon as you are aware that the details we have about you are not accurate, complete or up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information unless there is a law that allows or requires us not to.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores. This may include other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
Security of Your Personal Information
Access ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored.
We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes
Powermove Distribution Pty Ltd uses 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
Unsubscribing from Email Subscriptions
From time-to-time Powermove Distribution Pty Ltd may send you electronic marketing material - but only ever in accordance with the provisions of Spam Act 2003.
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time:
- Open any newsletter sent to you by us.
- Scroll to the bottom of the newsletter and click 'Unsubscribe'.
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer or other mobile or handheld device (such as smartphones or ‘tablets’) when you visit certain web pages. Cookies are essential to the effective operation of our website and to enable you to shop with us online. Cookies are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to our customers, both on this website and elsewhere. The information collected by cookies themselves cannot be used to identify you personally, except in limited circumstances if it is combined with other information as described below in relation to performance cookies.
Some other examples of what cookies can do include:
- saving the contents of your shopping basket as you proceed through the checkout process;
- remembering your account log in details so you can see information relating to your orders and manage your account;
- recording the areas of our website that you have visited and for how long, as well as which products you viewed and purchased. We use this information to help us improve our website so that it is easy to use and so we can improve the services we provide to our customers. It also helps us to recommend relevant products and offers on our website.
Cookies are 100% safe. Cookies do not harm your computer, they do not contain any information that itself could be used by others to identify you personally (although the information may be combined with other information to identify you in limited circumstances as described below in respect of performance cookies) and they do not contain any confidential information, such as your email address or payment details.
At Powermove Distribution Pty Ltd the cookies we use fall into three different types:
- Strictly necessary cookies - Some cookies are strictly necessary to allow you to move about the website easily or to provide you with certain features you have requested, such as remembering your basket contents and identifying you as being logged onto the site.
- Performance Cookies - these collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect information that itself identifies a visitor, although they may collect the IP address of the device used to access the site and some of the information collected may be used in conjunction with other data you have provided on registration if it appears you may have had problems with the site or an order. All information collected is used to help us understand how our visitors use our website, what interests our users, and to measure how effective our pages are so that we can improve how we present our content to you. These cookies help to improve the performance of the website, providing a better experience for you.
- Functionality Cookies - these cookies are used to remember settings about choices you have made on the website such as the language preference you have chosen for the site and your marketing preferences and allow us to provide services you have asked to use and to improve your visit.
Some of the cookies used on our website are set by third party organisations that we use for different services. For example, we may use external analytic services by specialist suppliers and these suppliers may set cookies on our behalf in order to report back to us. We may also sometimes embed video or other content from websites such as YouTube and these sites may set their own cookies.
About Breaches of Privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Powermove Distribution Pty Ltd please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue.
Powermove Distribution Pty Ltd reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.
Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your inquiry or complaint, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com